steri-sox Safeguard Paper Sterilization Wrap
steri-sox Safeguard Paper Sterilization Wrap is has a soft Embossed Crepe finish and is now stronger than ever while delivering the barrier protection features you expect from one of the leaders in sterilization packaging.
- Manufactured from environmentally friendly cellulose wood pulp paper
- An effective barrier to both airborne and waterborne contamination
- Outstanding liquid repellency - water, alcohol, iodine.
- Even texture to permit immediate visual detection of small pinholes/tears
- Strong drapeability permits items to be wrapped tightly, reducing the chance for external contaminants to
penetrate through gaps.
- Suitable for Steam, ETO and Gamma Sterilization
- May be used for Steam, Ethylene Oxide or Gamma Irradiation sterilization
- Ensure there are no tears, gaps, or defects before storage and before use
- Single use only
CDC Information on Double Wrapping
In central processing, double wrapping can be done sequentially or non-sequentially (i.e. simultaneous wrapping). Wrapping should be done in such a manner to avoid tenting and gapping. The sequential wrap uses two sheets of the standard sterilization wrap, one wrapped after the other. This procedure creates a package within a package. The non-sequential process uses two sheets wrapped at the same time so that the wrapping needs to be performed only once. This latter method provides multiple layers of protection of surgical instruments from contamination and saves time since wrapping is done only once. Multiple layers are still common practice due to the rigors of handling within the facility even though the barrier efficacy of a single sheet of wrap has improved over the years. Written and illustrated procedures for preparation of items to be packaged should be readily available and used by personnel when packaging procedures are performed.
(CDC Guideline for Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities, 2008)