10 Unique Ways Dental Offices Can Celebrate Dental Assistants Recognition Week 2022
Dental assistants are the versatile, multi-talented part of any dental team, and Dental Assistants Recognition Week is the perfect time to celebrate that. Dental Assistants Recognition Week (DARW) is held the first full week in March. This year (2022), that is March 6th to 12th. This year’s theme for Dental Assistants Recognition Week is Dental Assistants: Passionate About Our Patients and Our Profession.
Dental Assistants Recognition Week is about showing appreciation to assistants in the dental industry for all their hard work and dedication that has improved the lives of their patients and improved the dental sector overall. DAWR is also a great time for dental assistants to reflect on their career accomplishments and goals.
10 Ways Dental Offices Can Celebrate Dental Assistant Recognition Week 2022:
Dental assistants help keep the business going, help assist in every way possible, and go far beyond to help their patients; that’s why on Dental Assistant Recognition Week, it’s always important to take the time to say thank you. Some ways you can show appreciation to dental assistants in your office and celebrate dental assistants’ week are:
- Decorate your dental office with decorations that celebrate dental assistants.
- Give a gift to the dental assistants in your office flowers, a thank you card, or even their favorite official DRAW 2022 merchandise.
- Highlight your offices' dental assistants by posting a shoutout of thank you post on social media (don’t forget to use the hashtags #DARW202 and #DentalAssistantsRecongnitionWeek2022.
- Post a blog post sharing how your office showed its appreciation for dental assistants.
- Share stories from patients of how your offices' dental assistants affected their experience on your social media, email, and around your office.
- Send out an email highlighting the important role dental assistants play in oral health to your patients.
- Pay their yearly licensing fees.
- Update your website to recognize DAWR 2022 – The ADA has some great free blog banners and headers for this
- Plan a special all expenses paid day for your dental offices' dental assistants – Like a spa day or a fun activity.
- Do a task for them – Ask your dental assistant if there is a task that you can do for them for the week.
Self-Reflecting During Dental Assistant Recognition Week
It’s been a tough and mentally draining couple of years for those who work in the dental industry. Many oral health care providers are experiencing high stress levels and burnout. Dental Assistant Recognition Week can also serve as a time for dental assistants to reflect on the past year of their careers, their accomplishments, and goals for the feature. As mentioned in our stress management blog post, self-reflection plays an important role in managing stress. Especially when it comes to managing stress in high stress ‘helping’ careers, like dentistry. Self-reflection allows the brain to pause amidst the chaos, untangle and sort through observations and experiences, consider multiple possible interpretations, and create meaning.
To Sum it Up
Whether working chairside with the dentist, taking X–rays, or managing the office, dental assistants are vital to the success of any dental practice. Dental Assistant Recognition Week 2022 is a great time for dental offices to recognize and celebrate dental assistants. Dental offices can celebrate Dental Assistant Recognition Week 2022 with gifts and notes of appreciation to dental assistants in their offices. Dental offices can also use DARW to educate the community on how dental assistants improve the lives of their patients and the dental sector overall. Dental Assistant Recognition Week can also serve as a time for dental assistants to reflect on the past year of their careers, their accomplishments, and goals for the feature.