ipana Disposable Caries Indicator
- No set-up or cleanup
- Two head sizes
- Available in Blue or Red indicator
- Bendable applicators for better control of application
*Get your first tube of ipana Disposable Caries Indicator for only $42.00. No returns. See our Try Me Cheap page for full terms and conditions.
Call 1-800-268-8633 to Try Me Cheap!
Ipana Caries Indicators are a simple-to-use caries detector. Instead of messy squeeze bottles or syringes, caries indicator dye is pre-dried on a micro applicator. Simply touch it to a wet tooth surface to apply. No drip or mess that can stain clothing or soft tissue.
Ipana Caries Indicators are available in red or blue dye colours, pre-applied to either fine or extra-fine micro brush applicators.
- Perfect for minimally invasive preps; allows you to identify and remove affected tooth structure, leaving healthy enamel and dentin
- Single-use applicators makes tray set-up easy – simply place one on the tray – no syringe, no sheath, no tips to replace, no cross-contamination
- Contains an FD&C dye in a propylene glycol base
- Works by staining the by-products of carious lesions
Available in 2 indicator colors:
- Enables better visibility, so you can see decay on stained dentin
- Brighter and easier to see when light is reduced in the posterior
- Better color contrast on darker decayed preps
- Easier to see decay on dentin with actively bleeding preps
- Differentiate between decay and pulp in deep preps
- Clearly see decay on preps where dentin decay is tooth-colored
Directions for Use:
- Remove a Caries Indicator applicator from the tube.
- Lightly wet the tip of the applicator with either water or the wet tooth surface.
- Apply the applicator to the prepared tooth.
- Rinse and examine the area for any Caries Indicator that remains on the affected dentine.
- Proceed as usual.